HELP FOR VICTIMS
Victims and witnesses are at the heart of what we do, with this in mind I have launched a new and exciting website called ‘’Help for victims’’.
More information about the website including its benefits are detailed below:
• The ability to create generic questions which relate to the Victims’ Code and Witness Charter and publish any amendments required immediately;
• The facility to add local perspectives to published questions and answers which are relevant to any PCC area in England and Wales;
• The ability to write local questions and answers which are viewable only within the relevant area;
• Access to the local content through the user’s postcode;
• Where answers cannot be found, e-mailed questions may be answered by our team of Victim Support specialists;
• Content expansion based on the questions asked by users;
• The provision of an online self-referral facility whether a crime is reported or not;
• Provision of the website in languages most frequently spoken where English is not the first language spoken;
• Statistical Reports for service providers relating to questions viewed, asked and referrals made.
Leaflets and posters promoting the site which is helpful to all victims of crime, can be found at http://www.westyorkshire-pcc.gov.uk/help-for-victims.aspx
Please forward this email and attachments to any relevant partners or individuals.
West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner